Friday, November 23, 2007

evil elevator music



to look for ways to use my poetry / rhetoric theory against the logic of late consumer capitalism that I have neglected to develop the idea that 4GW is already in use against us (I really mean you & I). Well, I haven't developed much of anything yet. So here's another beginning: I think that advertising, TV, internet, movies, video games, books, periodicals, and more are used by corporations around the world as ammunition in a multidimensional 4GW battle. By multidimensional, I mean that combat can occur on many different levels, and that military victory has a subtle and dynamic relationship with economic, cultural, and social victory.

Ballad Of The Band - Felt
La Glora De Dios - Proa

If you have secure economic hegemony, you have little reason to seek military engagement. So I think that the line between corporations and states is overemphasized--that their interests and actions are intricately connected.

Troglodyte - The Jimmy Castor Band

Was Tetris a communist plot to waste American time and constrict its thinking into little imaginary squares? Does the CIA sell crack in American inner cities to prevent the advancement of its underclass? Okay, a Canadian example: is the collapse of our national identity into the slogan of an American-owned beer company an orchestrated attempt to produce a cultural amnesia that renders us vulnerable to total Americanization?

Moon In June - Soft Machine

Do the values espoused by mainstream rap artists (in an industry run by five white men) teach the masses to be misogynistic, materialistic, violent, disorganized, and blind to the actual class structures of society?

Walking Through Heaven - Chris & Cosey

And I want my friends to all quit their jobs and get drunk in my living room

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home