Sunday, July 02, 2006

My immense arse wag

You may have noticed that I'm totally on a nineties rap tip at the moment. Having funked myself out over a Russian Captain and a Skye pilot. So it's back to the back to the back to the hip hop today with the 1995 debut of Shitty House, produced by Mr Hip Hop himself, KRS One blowing up like a HUGE fine Finnish pastry layered on top and within the Carl Craig remix of Throbbing Gristle's Hot on the Heels of Love. And needless to say triggers some unhappy flashbacks

Intro, Faggot - Twodeadslutsonegoodfuck
Smells Like Teen Spirit - Abigail
High - Glass Candy

God, it's been quiet in grime recently, like, totally rectangular dude.Thanks to the monkeys at bulldog is its own genre now.I personally find it difficult to put this sound and it's history into words that will do it some kind of justice, but not through want of trying. Female sex-grunts combine with turgid bluesy guitar solo which kind of falls apart towards the end as some of the notes miss the intended pitch. Still, an A+ in my book

Gimme A Pigfoot And A Bottle Of Beer - Bessie Smith
Track 3 - Pita
Contentment - Stuart Busby

Cripes - he was younger than myself - glad I gave up them smokes.

Lost In Darkness - The Cannanes with Explosion Robinson and Steward

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home