Thursday, November 29, 2007

Are you catching that I resisted my budding womanhood?!



Today is my (gasp!) 51st birthday. When I read those words, "my 51st birthday," I feel completely disconnected from them. They can't possibly refer to me because 51 has always meant old, ugly, washed-up, and pathetic -- and call me delusional, but I refuse to believe that any of those things apply to me.

Aspirin - Bangkok Impack
Family Tree (OST Super Disco Break Beat) - Family Tree
Take Your Mind - Drexciya

To commemorate the day, I've decided to attempt an idea that I saw over at Mighty Girl's blog. She wrote a one or two-sentence description for each year of her life. The fact that my memory can dredge up 51 specific memories for 51 specific years means that I'm still young, quick and spry, doesn't it? (Or does the fact that I just used the word "spry" negate any and all claims to youth?)

L'Enfant La Mouche Et Les Allumettes - Jean-Claude Vannier
Recommendation - Mirah
Soft Death (Instrumental) - Yuka Yuka Teikoku

The romance lasted almost two years

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home