Wednesday, November 28, 2007

ballads is tearing it up



I mentioned Trevor Combee as one of my inspirations for my recent “Now THAT’S What I Call Techno” mix, but really he is as responsible for the music i listen to now as anyone else. Trevor owned and operated HyperVinyl Records in Pittsburgh starting back in 1997 and later started the label of the same name. I can remember the first time i met him: I was a 17 year old sporting an A.C. t-shirt coming into his record shop back on Atwood St. in the college neighborhood of Oakland checking out Deadly Systems and Aphrodite 12″s. When I asked him about where I could find turntables for sale, he gave me the typically angry sounding Trevor blowoff. I knew right away that he was alright.

Amb - Rafael Toral
Beach Red Lullaby - Flying Saucer Attack
Life In The Greenhouse Effect - Steroid Maximus

the cat from the bar let us know that it was 1:45

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home